Slime, when taken care of, can last a very long time, so it is important to take the right steps to ensure they stay in good condition for as long as possible.
- Always make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before and after playing with slime to prevent bacteria from spreading.
- Store the slime in its air-tight container, to avoid it drying out.
- Slime is extremely temperamental, meaning any extreme heat or cold temperatures, may cause it to melt or become stiff.
- To fix sticky slime, add the provided borax powder included in your order (1/2 tsp) into 1/2 cup of lukewarm water, and mix the solution until all the borax has dissolved. Then, slowly add the solution to your sticky slime and knead until your desired texture is achieved.
- To fix stiff slime, add small amounts of lotion and knead thoroughly until your desired texture is obtained or let the slime sit in its container, in a warm environment for a few days.
- Slime may also be stored in the refrigerator to slow down the process of melting.
Keep in mind that slime may shrink and lose its moisture overtime. Slime melting is inevitable, but completely normal! With the right care, slime may last up to, or even beyond a year.